Formally known as the Imperial Technical School for Ceramics and Associated Applied Arts and located in Teplitz, Fachshule Teplitz enjoyed a cooperative relationship with Amphora and other pottery manufactures in the Turn-Teplitz area, which, in the year 1900, numbered around 30. Though the institution was originally founded as a school for drawing and modeling, the surrounding local ceramic industry soon began to have an influence on the school. The various factories and porcelain manufactures supplied the school with teachers, lecturers, as well as clay and mineral resources; in return, the school supplied the factories with a steady stream of fresh talent.
The school’s curriculum included sculpture in clay and required that nature be the major source of inspiration for students. Factory records at the Amphora ceramic manufacture indicate that, in addition to hiring graduates, many employees attended evening and Sunday classes at the school. Students created highly accomplished finished works, marked Fachschule Teplitz.
The ceramics produced at Fachschule Teplitz gained international recognition at the turn of the century, and were exhibited at the Exposition Universelle of Paris in 1900, and the World Exhibition in Saint Louis in 1904.